WISN TV, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Milwaukee, WI, and WBA Station of the Year, is seeking a senior media sales professional with a track record of business development. The ideal candidate is coachable, thrives in a goal-oriented team environment and has strong interpersonal skills. If you have a strong desire to take your career to the next level we want to hear from you!
- Generate incremental & new TV, Digital, Multicast and Developmental Revenue.
- Prepare and implement individual advertiser account strategy including revenue goals.
- Regularly meet with local and digital sales managers to ensure progression and success with stated goals.
- Contribute Participate in group meetings.
- Ability to dissect an advertising RFP; identify key revenue opportunities, and prepare comprehensive and winning response.
- Act as negotiator for assigned accounts; ensure sales proposals are consistent with station strategies.
- Meet extensively with clients to develop/strengthen business relationships; drive client retention.
- Create and deliver sales presentations to multiple points of contact with client/agency personnel.
- Develop and generate non-traditional revenue; generate digital revenue.
- Secure appointments with prospect advertisers through cold calling and self-generating lead activities.
- Maintain current and accurate revenue forecasts by account.
- Strong formal and interpersonal communication skills; contribute to professional work environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products. Proficiency with Wide Orbit, Kantar and One Domain/WO Media Office a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable automobile are required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Must have a proven track record in web/mobile sales and in the cultivation and development of new business/ non-traditional business.
- Experience in TV/Radio sales
- Solid negotiation skills
- Experience in a consultative customer focused business atmosphere