General Sales Manager
WPTZ/WNNE NBC5, the Hearst Television, NBC affiliate in the Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY market has an immediate opening for a General Sales Manager. The ideal candidate will have exceptional leadership skills, ability to budget, forecast, manage inventory, coach a talented staff and generate new revenue. The GSM will oversee NBC, CW, and MeTV channels in addition to digital platforms.
- Directs sales department strategy, pricing and personnel for all platforms.
- Motivates local sales team to reach departmental goals.
- Oversees and directs the effort of the national rep with the National Sales Manager.
- Oversees and sets the strategy for the digital effort with the Digital Sales Manager.
- Responsible for pricing of inventory, packaging and sales ideas.
- Ensures compliance with all federal rules regulating advertising, political and otherwise.
- Ensures the proper use of sales support resources.
- Develops and maintains close relationships with clients and agencies.
- Candidates must possess strong leadership, motivational and sales skills with a proven track record of success.
- Must have the ability to price, forecast, and budget and execute a clear plan and vision.
- Creative selling abilities a must!
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Motor Vehicle record check required.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Military training and experience will be considered
- Candidates must have previous sales/sales management experience in the television industry or comparable.
- A proven track record of success in transactional, new business, digital and multi-platforms sales is required.