WYFF 4, a Hearst TV station and the NBC affiliate in Greenville, SC, has an immediate opening for a Producer. We need a driven, organized journalist who can articulate a vision for their show and lead a team towards the vision. Join a producer team that is tops in our market and upholds high standards. We need good storytellers who can be innovative in their presentation. This producer must be able to showcase breaking news, write urgent copy, and show a creative use of the best graphics package in the market. You need to understand the importance of social media, the web, and mobile apps. You must be able to work with promotions on the marketing of our product. Our producers must be able to research, pitch, and gather enterprise news stories, as well.
- Preparing a rundown for your newscast
- Utilizing all our graphics resources to enhance our presentation
- Writing urgent news stories in active voice
- Meeting deadlines
- News gathering
- Responding to breaking news
- Boothing newscasts
- Posting stories and video on social, website and on mobile
- Participating and pitching enterprise stories in editorial meetings
- Communicating effectively with promotions
- Candidate must have strong leadership, writing, communication, and storytelling skills along with a proven track record of producing outstanding newscasts.
- Use of ENPS preferred
- Use of Adobe Premier editing system is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in broadcast journalism or equivalent education or experience.
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
- Two years of experience as a producer at a commercial broadcast station preferred