Orlando, Florida’s NBC affiliate, WESH 2, a Hearst Television station, is looking for an experienced Executive Producer. The ideal candidate must be a talented teacher, have outstanding news judgment, and work well within a team. This is an incredibly busy breaking news market. You must be able to balance aggressive coverage with ethics and standards that value truth above all. This Executive Producer will oversee multiple producers and multiple newscasts daily. This position calls for a solid foundation in broadcast with an active eye and interest in digital. We break stories on both platforms.
- Manage multiple newscasts and producers
- Help shape daily coverage on broadcast and digital
- Uphold the highest ethics and journalistic standards
- Coach producers regularly
- Oversee and edit scripts and teases
- Bring story ideas daily, including hard news enterprise
- Be a team player in the newsroom and on the management team
- Proven track record in a dynamic and successful newsroom
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong teammate, working together and sometimes sharing duties to get the job done
- Ability to work a varied schedule, including mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- At least five (5) years newsroom experience in a professional newsroom
- at least two (2) years as a newsroom manager