WLWT, the Hearst Television owned NBC affiliate in Cincinnati, is looking for a general assignment reporter who has the ability to generate story ideas, write to video, develop sources and do compelling live shots. We are looking for a strong, take-charge reporter who hits the ground running every day. The successful candidate loves breaking news and is highly competitive. We value strong enterprise reporting and we’re looking for someone who finds the stories that lead newscasts. We are looking for a strong communicator who isn’t afraid to ask tough questions, and will hold those in power accountable. We are looking for a versatile, enterprising self-starter who is fast, efficient, works well under tight deadlines, and has excellent live reporting and people skills.
- Plan, gather and assemble stories on day-of news or special project assignments
- Work with a photographer to gather and edit compelling video and sound
- Coordinate with news managers and producers to develop stories that go beyond surface details, uncover unique enterprise angles, and have exclusive content
- Develop a network of sources who provide tips, early access to information, and allow the reporter to break stories of significance.
- Contribute pictures, video and text updates to mobile platforms consistently throughout the day
- Demonstrate exceptional time-management skills by meeting all deadlines under pressure.
- Demonstrate unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Strong writing and storytelling skills
- Ability to operate mobile transmission devices and use latest technology
- Can work in all weather conditions
- Has a valid driver’s license
- Must be flexible with shift assignments, specifically able to work weekends
- Ability to deal with the stress and pressure of time-sensitive newscast production
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience
- Past reporting experience(2-5 years) required
- Demonstrated ability to enterprise and uncover
- Your demo reel should be indicative of your everyday work