National Sales Assistant
KQCA is looking for an organized, detail-oriented team player with exceptional written and verbal skills, and the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively. A positive attitude and professional demeanor is essential along with the flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment. Individual will work closely with the sales team to ensure effective placement of sales activity. Specifically, you'll work with the sales force on processing advertising contracts, obtaining creative materials, generating support materials for sales team, and coordinating the scheduling and launch of advertising campaigns. This is a great opportunity in a growing organization for someone who is able to maintain a high level of accuracy and remain calm under pressure. This career opportunity is a great way to get your foot in the door at a highly-respected TV station and begin a career with Hearst Television, an industry-leading television station group.
- Assist National Sales Manager in day-to-day duties.
- Enter and maintain all national orders including electronic transfer and maintenance of all MediaLine/WO Central orders to WideOrbit.
- Provide account management assistance, including weekly pre-emption reports and rate card schedules.
- Daily management of pre-empted and displaced spots; problem solving with NSM and national sales reps across the country and in a timely fashion.
- Assist in the development of sales proposals, advertising packages and client presentations.
- Communicate with Hearst traffic department regarding order entry, spot placement and formatting.
- Fulfill customer service requests such as log times, weekly posting analysis, etc.
- Coordinate Paid Program sales.
- Research billing discrepancies and reconcile credit memos as required.
- Share in assisting the Local sales team.
- Maintain national political public files, as well as updates to FCC political website.
- Maintain organized filing systems.
- Interact with co-workers, clients and public in a professional manner on the phone, in email, and in person.
- Fill in as needed at the receptionist desk or with the Digital / Traffic teams.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and submit expense reports for NSM.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Nielsen ratings, One Domain, Kantar and other research tools. Coordinate with Research Director on updating of materials.
- Prior administrative experience is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Must be highly-focused, organized, and detail oriented.
- Consistently meet deadlines in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Work cooperatively with managers, co-workers and clients to deliver a high-level of service.
- Capable of learning new systems and software promptly and thoroughly.
- Must take pride in work, respond to instruction well, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and perform at a consistently high level.
- College degree is preferred and or equivalent work experience.
- Must have computer and software experience.
- Previous commercial television experience a plus.