Morning Executive Producer
WMUR-TV is looking for an executive producer who can oversee fast-paced newscasts. We need a driven, organized leader who can articulate a vision for their shows and lead a team. The right candidate will be a leader who can develop multi-platform content that succeeds on air and on digital platforms including social media. Responsibilities include managing, coaching, and motivating a team of producers, reporters, anchors, and photojournalists. The executive producer is responsible for the overall content of assigned newscasts, managing all aspects of breaking news and social engagement. The right candidate must be a pro when it comes to effective communication and decision making under daily deadline pressure. You must have excellent news judgment, strong ethics, a solid producing background and a desire to win. You must be able to research, pitch and gather enterprise news stories. The executive producer will work on recruiting producers and help implement winning strategies for assigned newscasts. This person should also be able to handle breaking news while overseeing a compelling product that delivers interesting and relevant content to our viewers. You must also be able to produce newscasts as needed.
- Oversight of the rundown and scripts for the newscasts
- Oversight of the use of graphics to enhance our presentation
- Coaching producers, reporters and photojournalists
- Responding to breaking news
- Oversight of digital response to breaking news and social media engagement
- Writing compelling news stories
- Meeting deadlines
- Producing newscasts when needed
- Posting stories and video on digital platforms
- Pitching enterprise stories in editorial meetings
- Must perform some administrative duties including scheduling, performance reviews, training and providing feedback
- Communicating effectively with news staff, promotions, production and engineering
- Excellent news judgment
- Strong sense of audience desires
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand elements
- Creative presentation style and ability to showcase all resources and elements
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Use of Adobe Premier editing system is a plus
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five years producing experience.