WESH 2/CW18 has an opening for a motivated and creative part-time News Editor to work in a very competitive news market. This position will edit video, bring in liveshots and gathering content from feeds as well as field crews. Our ideal candidate has an excellent eye for visual compelling storytelling and is passionate about combining strong writing and storytelling with great pictures and sound.
- Edit stories, videos, and newscasts on tight deadlines.
- Operate electronic newsgathering equipment.
- Nonlinear editing (using Adobe Premiere) of newscast elements including PKGs, VOs, VOSOTs, opens, teases and preproduction material.
- Effectively collaborates with producers, reporters and managers to produce high quality stories.
- Maintain standards for all edited material.
- Take in ENG and SNG feeds, as well as collect video via ftp and other delivery methods
- Any other editing duties as assigned by news managers.
- Ability to work on linear and non- linear equipment.
- Proficiency editing with Adobe Premiere.
- Ability to edit on non- linear equipment, including Final Cut Pro, Avid and Edius.
- Must be able to handle and juggle multiple editing assignments under strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of current television production techniques.
- Familiarity with mass communications law and media responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively with photographers and producers.
- Must be able to record multiple feeds on a digital encoding system.
- Able to search for source materials from multiple outlets and platforms.
- Able to work in a fast paced, detail-oriented environment with calm, skilled execution.
- Work overnight hours
- High School Diploma.
- Some college or technical school preferred or equivalent work experience