Assistant Creative Services Director
KSBW, the #1 rated local media organization on California’s magnificent Central Coast, is seeking a highly motivated Assistant Creative Services Director. The qualified candidate is both creative and strategic—responsible for writing, shooting & editing contemporary news promos, station image campaigns, and multi-platform driven messages. In addition to creativity, excellent verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to work with multiple departments on various assignments in a fast-paced environment is required. We’re looking for a media professional with the experience to help lead a team of talented creatives. The Assistant Creative Services Director will be responsible for on-air, off-air, and digital promotion. Candidate will work closely with CSD in developing brand and marketing strategies for the main station and multiple digital channels and internet properties including web and mobile apps. This is an opportunity to work for Hearst Television Inc., one of the nation’s leading multi-platform media companies. If you aspire to grow as a marketing executive by gaining experience in a high quality and competitive environment, apply today. To be considered, you must send a link to your work samples.
- Write, shoot, and edit on-air, off-air and digital marketing messages.
- Work with Creative Service Director in maintaining and evolving multiple brands.
- Produce marketing messages for #1 rated local news, NBC, ABC, and Estrella TV.
- Create a variety of digital platform advertising.
- Identify and implement strategies for increasing station brand awareness.
- Support sales team with integrated sponsorship fulfillment.
- Coordinate station franchises and special projects.
- Post and managing marketing on social media and digital platforms.
- Manage inventory for daily on-air logs as directed.
- Attend outside community functions or meetings.
- Have a flexible schedule for some weekend and after hour projects.
- Photography, graphic, and post-production skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and strong script writing skills.
- Strong organizational, communication and management skills.
- Must have a winning attitude and a commitment to excellence and quality.
- Ability to operate effectively in a corporate environment.
- Must have proven skills of collaborating with a news staff and station personnel.
- Must be a highly creative writer and conceptualizer; able to craft compelling messages based on station research to meet goals of growing an audience.
- Non-linear editing required; efficient in Adobe Creative Suite preferred Detailed oriented & organized.
- Valid driver’s license (hire is contingent on good driving record).
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, marketing, related field, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years in station marketing/promotion/brand management.
- Executing brand message across modern media platforms.