WESH 2 News, Orlando’s Hearst-owned NBC affiliate is looking for an aggressive, creative and smart News Producer. Prior experience is required. You must be highly-organized, a leader in production technique and showcasing skills, driven and able to win Breaking News and Big Story coverage in a market where big stories happen daily. You must be fast & calm under pressure and able to play well in a room of like-minded pros. You will be expected to take part in editorial discussions at a high level while drawing up our coverage plan for the day.
- Selecting, researching and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an “experience” for viewers
- Working with and guiding reporters in story production
- Communicating, coordinating and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
- Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 2 years producing experience
- Creative presentation style
- Experience in a newsroom, the ability to remain calm under pressure and knowledge of ENPS are pluses