WGAL 8, the Hearst-owned NBC affiliate in Lancaster/Harrisburg, PA, has an opening for an experienced and dynamic News Director with the talent, energy and leadership to lead our news department. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, skilled communicator who leads our team in the execution of market-leading breaking news, weather coverage and community service on all platforms daily. This is a unique opportunity to join both a best-in-class television station and ownership group.
- Management of news department including editorial leadership of content on WGAL 8, its multicast and digital platforms.
- Recruiting and leadership of news staff.
- Execution of contemporary news product on all platforms.
- Budget administration.
- Strategic planning in collaboration with other department heads on station initiatives.
- Candidate must have a proven record of leadership and success with at least 3 years of management experience.
- Individual must have a passion for news and communication skills to manage a large staff and multiple hours of daily newscasts.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of broadcast television newsroom management
- Proven track record of mentoring/coaching a news staff
- Ability to demonstrate how the candidate has improved news product at another broadcast television station