Hearst Television in Sacramento is seeking an experienced Media Sales Account Executive to join our growing team at KQCA-TV. This is a great opportunity for the right individual to join the fast-paced media business with a highly respected TV station and begin a career with Hearst Television. Applicants must have a high level of energy and enthusiasm and strong in-person/phone communication skills plus presentation skills. Must have the ability to work independently and achieve sales goals. Responsibilities include developing new business across multiple platforms.
- Generate revenue across all available platforms
- Prospect, contact and present to new businesses to generate new advertising revenue
- Manage inventory and protect station rate structure.
- Develop new revenue through local business development
- Form strategic business and market partnerships
- Manage an active account and client list
- Regularly meet with local and digital sales managers to ensure progression and success with stated goals.
- Act as negotiator for assigned accounts; ensure sales proposals are consistent with station strategies.
- Create and deliver sales presentations to multiple points of contact with client/agency personnel.
- Ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Accountability within a goal-structured organization
- Needs a positive, results-oriented attitude and must be a team player
- Proven track record of successfully selling to business owners and CEO’s
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products. Proficiency with Wide Orbit, Kantar and One Domain/WO Media Office a plus.
- Must be able to use qualitative research effectively to further sales effort
- Strong formal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must have a proven track record in web/mobile sales and in the cultivation and development of new business/ non-traditional business.
- Experience in TV/Radio sales
- Solid negotiation skills
- Experience in a consultative customer focused business atmosphere