Executive Assistant / Program Coordinator
WVTM 13, a Hearst owned NBC affiliate, has an opening for an Executive Assistant/Program Coordinator. The position requires a highly responsible individual able to handle confidential information, prepare the daily program schedule, interface with other departments, understand and carry out certain Federal requirements for various program elements and a range of other duties. Superior organizational and detail skills and the ability to meet deadlines are critical.
- Work closely with the General Manager as both an executive assistant and program coordinator.
- Learn, understand and be responsible for complex Federal regulatory programming requirements.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, including dealing with public.
- Handle a wide range of details while meeting tight schedule requirements.
- Interface with employees throughout the television station, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Handle appointments, travel schedule and other duties for general manager.
- Handle administrative and business office correspondence; routes items to other appropriate persons as needed; independently responds to correspondence as appropriate.
- Processes trade agreements.
- Completes projects and a variety of special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress; problem-solving, making adjustments to plans.
- Completes other duties as assigned for the President and department heads.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the position
- Quick learner, self-starter and team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with tight deadline
- Be proficient with software applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be organized and have the ability to multitask
- Professional demeanor
- College experience preferred or equivalent work experience
- At least three years’ experience providing support to c-level executive or senior officer or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally handle confidential and sensitive issues; proficient administrative skills to supporting executive level management.