WYFF 4, the NBC station in Greenville, SC, has an immediate opening for an Executive Producer. We need driven, organized leaders who can articulate a vision for their shows and lead a team towards the vision. The right candidate will be a leader who can develop multi-platform content that succeeds on air, on mobile, and on social media. Responsibilities include the ability to manage, coach, and motivate a team of producers, reporters, anchors, and photojournalists who are committed to excellence. The Executive Producer is responsible for the overall content of assigned newscasts, manages all aspects of breaking news, and social engagement. The right candidate must be a pro when it comes to effective communication and decision making under daily deadline pressure. You must have proven ability in making decisions based on strong ethics, a solid producing background, and a desire to win. You must be able to research, pitch, and gather enterprise news stories, as well. The EP will work on recruiting producers and work closely with the News Director to implement winning strategies for each newscast.
- Oversight of the preparation of a rundown and scripts for the newscasts
- Oversight of the use of all our graphics resources to enhance our presentation
- Coaching producers, reporters, and photojournalists
- Responding to breaking news
- Oversight of digital response to breaking news and social media engagement
- Writing compelling news stories in active voice
- Meeting deadlines
- News gathering
- Boothing newscasts when needed
- Posting stories and video on website and on mobile
- Leading editorial meetings and pitching enterprise stories in editorial meetings
- Must perform administrative duties including scheduling, performance reviews, training and providing critical feedback.
- Communicating effectively with news staff, promotions, and production/engineering
- Candidate must have strong leadership, writing, communication, and storytelling skills along with a proven track record of producing outstanding newscasts.
- Use of ENPS preferred
- Use of Abobe Premier editing system is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in broadcast journalism or equivalent education or experience
- At least two years of experience as an Executive Producer or producer at a commercial broadcast station