KCRA has an immediate opening for a full time photojournalist/live truck operator. We are the #1 station in the Sacramento region and a strong presence in Northern California. Our award winning news team sets a very high bar for excellent journalism. We are serious about breaking news, big coverage of big stories, weather and investigative reporting.
Our photojournalists are passionate about news and great visual storytelling. We are looking for an outstanding photographer who knows how to balance both the big picture and the small details; a creative thinker; a fierce competitor in breaking news and a very strong team player.
This is an IBEW Union Position.
- Shooting and editing of vo’ s, vo-sots and packages for Broadcast Air and On-line postings
- Working with the Assignment Desk and Reporters to cover daily stories.
- Gathers and edits video and still pictures for digital platforms
- Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
- Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound.
- Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from crews in the field.
- Can work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video.
- Will produce and publish content to our online platforms
- Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
- Efficient Operation on ENG trucks
- Can work in all weather conditions
- Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver’s license and a near-perfect driving record
- Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
- Can organize and prioritize
- Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn’t wait to be told what to do
- Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions
- College degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field or equivalent work experience
- At least two years of relevant work experience
- Ability to work well under very strict deadlines
- Familiar with Adobe Premier Editing
- Familiarity with Satellite Trucks
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to carry at least 50 pounds of equipment