WCVB-TV, Boston’s News Leader, is looking for a part time News Reporter that has the ability to generate story ideas, write to video, and do compelling live shots. The reporter is someone who can bring the energy of live reporting to out anchor desk. In addition to credibility, poise, and personality; we’re looking for a reporter who isn’t afraid to head out into the field and break the big stories.
- High energy, creative, and impactful multi-platform storyteller who can work with or without a photographer to gather and edit compelling video and captivating sound.
- Can juggle multiple stories and projects at once, demonstrates exceptional time-management skills by meeting all deadlines under extraordinary pressure.
- Regularly plans, gathers and assembles stories on day-of news or special project assignments.
- Can juggle multiple stories and projects at once, demonstrates exceptional time-management skills by meeting all deadlines under extraordinary pressure
- Generate leads and break stories
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Strong writing and storytelling skills
- Creative storytelling and strong social media skills and presence.
- Can work in all weather conditions.
- Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production.
- We are looking for a versatile, enterprising self-starter who is fast, efficient, works well under tight deadlines, can develop sources, and has excellent live reporting skills.