Digital Desk Editor
KCRA 3 News is looking for a competitive Digital Desk Editor who will create content for our website, mobile app and social media platforms, while taking an active role in a cutting-edge assignment desk geared towards winning the big story and breaking news on all platforms.
“Where the News Comes First” is not only our brand – it’s our deep commitment to journalistic excellence. As the #1 ratings leader in our market, we set the bar high for excellent storytelling, investigative reporting and outstanding breaking news coverage.
The successful candidate will be an excellent Journalist and multi-tasker who can edit and create content under constant deadline pressure.
- Reacts aggressively and decisively to breaking news with or without management present, helping KCRA to win the story on ALL platforms
- Coordinates assignment desk logistics including managing news crews, coordinating with affiliate stations, booking satellite windows and live shots
- Posts daily to the KCRA digital platforms and thrives when asked to send push notifications, coordinate live streams and craft creative, original digital content
- Thinks creatively and digs deeper than other Journalists to help us break stories that nobody else is telling
- Has a finger on the pulse of Northern California’s social media landscape and is able to unearth stories on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and area websites
- Cultivates and maintains strong relationships with government agencies and public relations representatives, and local newsmakers
- Works with Managing Editor to execute and add to the digital desk’s long-term planning and strategic vision
- Demonstrates exceptional news judgment
- Demonstrates superb organizational and problem solving skills
- Multi-tasks efficiently under heavy deadline pressure
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining contacts
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including holidays.
- One to three years of professional newsroom experience
- College degree in Journalism or Communications or related field