MOR TV, ThisTV Tampa Bay and Estrella, owned by Hearst Television in Tampa Florida, has an immediate opening for an Account Executive. MOR is one of the top Independent Television stations in the country and we are looking for a highly motivated, dynamic and driven Account Executive to sell advertising to local businesses and ad agencies. The ideal candidate thrives in a goal-oriented team environment and has strong interpersonal skills.
- Prepare and implement individual advertiser account strategy including revenue goals.
- Regularly meet with Local and Digital Sales Managers to ensure progression and success with stated goals.
- Participate in group meetings.
- Ability to dissect an advertising RFP; identify key revenue opportunities, and prepare comprehensive and winning response.
- Act as negotiator for assigned accounts; ensure sales proposals are consistent with station strategies.
- Meet extensively with clients to develop/strengthen business relationships; drive client retention.
- Create and deliver sales presentations to multiple points of contact with client/agency personnel.
- Develop and generate non-traditional revenue; generate digital revenue.
- Maintain current and accurate revenue forecasts by account.
- Review and Enter new insertion orders.
- Service orders including overview of correct schedule, traffic, and audience delivery.
- Keep the local sales manager informed of sales activities.
- Support peer sellers with various clerical duties.
- Follow and meet all Account Executive standard operating procedures as outlined.
- Ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Accountability within a goal-structured organization
- Needs a positive, results-oriented attitude and must be a team player
- Proven track record of successfully selling to business owners and CEO’s
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products. Proficiency with Wide Orbit, Kantar and One Domain/WO Media Office a plus.
- Ability to use qualitative research effectively to further sales effort
- Strong formal and interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Experience in TV/Radio sales a plus
- Solid negotiation skills
- Experience in a consultative customer focused business atmosphere