KCCI-TV, the Hearst Television station in Des Moines, has an opening for a News Producer. The ideal candidate will have TV news producing experience with a demo reel showing your work. Applicants should have a track record of clear writing, a strong visual sense, creative use of graphics, and the ability to make decisions and communicate in a clear, calm way. We expect excellent news judgement and a can-do attitude. Candidates must be able to work under deadline pressure and work well with other people.
- Selecting, researching and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an “experience” for viewers
- Working with and guiding reporters in story production
- Communicating, coordinating and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
- Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 2 years producing experience
- Creative presentation style
- Experience in a newsroom, the ability to remain calm under pressure and knowledge of ENPS are pluses