General Assignment/Bureau Reporter
WTAE-TV, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh, PA is looking for a dynamic reporter to join Pittsburgh’s Action News 4 in our Westmoreland County Bureau, located in downtown Greensburg, PA. We are the #1 choice for news in Westmoreland County, second in population only to Allegheny County in Western Pennsylvania. The successful candidate will join a team of talented and passionate journalists in a highly competitive television market. Extensive liveshot experience and creativity is a must along with excellent news judgment, exceptional writing skills, ability to break news and a highly engaged presence on Facebook and Twitter. The candidate will be responsible for staying on top of news-of-the-day throughout Westmoreland, Indiana and Fayette Counties.
- Contributing hard news enterprise story ideas every day in a three-county region.
- Building a base of local news sources in order to generate stories.
- Maintain follow-ups, build idea files, keep track of court hearing dates, and monitor the bureau’s incoming faxes and e-mails.
- Gathering and delivering vo’s, vo/sots, packages and ENG/SNG live shots for daily newscasts, WTAE.com and other digital platforms.
- Participating in station-sponsored events both at the station and out in the community.
- Using ENPS to write scripts.
- Shooting look-lives and doing live shots for other Hearst and ABC affiliates.
- The ability to work varied shifts – early mornings, holidays and weekends included.
- The ability to deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production.
- Apply management feedback and critiques in order to improve on-air performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- At least two years' experience reporting in a medium to large market preferred.