WBAL News Radio 1090 is looking for a part-time Anchor/Reporter. We are looking for a professional who can communicate with urgency and energy to deliver accurate and compelling news coverage.
Our anchors write and deliver scripts with conversational communication in mind.
We are looking for a versatile self-starter who works well under deadlines and has solid news skills.
- Prepare and anchor newscasts, updates, and other news coverage as warranted.
- Can prioritize and juggle multiple stories, demonstrate good time management.
- An ability to summarize information into easy to understand way.
- Prepare and deliver news in a clear and compelling manner.
- Work within format needs.
- Record and edit sound for newscasts.
- Ability to use social media and technology to update stories.
- Deliver breaking news or weather events with accuracy and urgency
- Ability to write and deliver clear, concise news.
- Availability to work varied shifts, including evenings and weekends.
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
- Valid driver’s license.
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Prior news experience preferred.
- Experience with audio editing software preferred.