Broadcast Television Engineer
KMBC/KCWE-TV has an opening for an experienced Broadcast Television Engineer. The Broadcast Television Engineer maintains the technical integrity of the station’s on-air signals and its equipment from acquisition to distribution. The Broadcast Television Engineer will be responsible to communicate effectively with the production department, as this is integral for a smooth outcome of newscasts. This position supports all station efforts in-house and on remote location. This is an IBEW/Union position.
- Work as needed in control room in technical positions (including camera control, audio and TD).
- Moving and handling of props and sets during in-house and on-location productions (this could mean assisting in moving heavy equipment).
- Maintain appearance of studios including cleaning of set and floors.
- Dress microphone’s and IFB’s for all on camera appearances.
- Basic multi-media computer skill and familiarity with current Internet technology including downloading of materials for promos and commercial client spots.
- All broadcast operation duties as assigned engineering management.
- Must work well in a team environment; must have good interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be willing to work any shift assigned including weekends and holidays.
- Must be flexible and able to change assignments with little or no notice.
- College Degree preferred but not required or equivalent work experience.
- Previous broadcasting experience preferred.
- Studio and master control experience preferred.