KOAT-TV Hearst Television in Albuquerque, NM has an immediate need for a full-time RF engineer to join our team of professionals. We are looking for candidates that are self-motivated with the ability to work well under pressure, have good reasoning skills and meet deadlines. Applicant should be detail-oriented with the ability to understand and follow instructions, make good decisions in the field, and be a team player with a strong sense of responsibility. Job responsibilities include installation, operation, maintenance and repair of high power broadcast, RF and transmission equipment. Applicant must have schedule flexibility to handle possible assignments of weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- Installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of television transmitters, weather radar, microwave equipment, ENG and SNG trucks
- Will be involved in studio maintenance and installation of television broadcast and IT equipment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a collaborative group
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of electrical power, IT and light HVAC
- A working knowledge of television equipment and integrated systems
- Skilled in basic electronic maintenance involving low-medium powered transmitters
- Applicants must be reliable and punctual
- Ability to understand and maintain technical documentation and drawings
- Demonstrate professional interpersonal and communication skills
- Have good organizational and record keeping skills
- Excellent attention to detail, strong computer skills, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Successful applicant will be a strong self-starter, team player and goal oriented
- The ability to rapidly respond properly to issues that unexpectedly arise is necessary
- Military electronic training with emphasis on high power transmitters, college or technical school degree preferred with specific training in Electronic Technology or equivalent work experience in broadcast maintenance and operations.
- 3 years of experience in maintenance in a commercial broadcast television station preferred
- Working knowledge of Information Technology systems, personal computers, IT networking tools and equipment, video servers, digital audio and video switching systems, electronics, and electronic test equipment.
- Knowledge of encoders, IRDs and a clear understanding of transport streams such as ASI and SMPTE 310
- SBE certification is a plus