Technical Operator- Freelance
WCVB-TV Boston is seeking candidates for Freelance Technical Operators in the engineering department. Ideal candidates will have a comprehensive knowledge of Broadcast Television Technical Operations. This is an IBEW/Union position. Hours vary: fill in as needed.
Candidate will be responsible for various aspects of broadcasting operations including but not limited to:
- Master control operation
- Managing multiple automation playlists
- Switching and mixing of video and audio for live newscasts and events
- Camera shading
- Robotic camera operation
- Studio lighting and floor directing
- Video tape and server operation
- Programming and Commercial server file management
- Ensuring FCC compliance and FCC compliance monitoring
- Other duties as assigned by engineering management
- Candidate must be computer literate, have a typing speed of 20 WPM and detail oriented.
- Must be able to interface across other departments to gather information needed to perform assigned duties and tasks.
- Candidate must be comfortable working in a fast pace news operation and have experience with master control automation and playlist management.
- AS degree or coursework in television production and operation and/or equivalent industry experience.
- A successful candidate must have a minimum of three years of experience in television broadcast operations