KCCI is looking for a well-rounded Digital Editor who will be creating content for its mobile products, social media platforms and website. The successful candidate will be an excellent storyteller and multi-tasker who can edit and create digital content under constant deadline pressure. Come find out why Forbes calls Des Moines the #1 Best City for Young Professionals and US News calls Des Moines the #11 Best Place to Live in the United States.
- Write/edit and publish breaking news, daily news, sports, weather, and feature stories for the stations website, mobile and social media pages.
- Write compelling headlines
- Work with Reporters and Assignment Editors to ensure content is posted quickly and accurately
- Work with Producers, Assignment Editors and Managers to ensure cross promotion of content across all platforms
- Managing LIVE streams of newscasts and breaking news
- Consistently contribute ideas to help grow the stations digital platforms
- Other duties as required
- Strong news and editorial judgment
- Excellent AP writing skills
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and video editing
- Strong understanding of social media best practices
- Flexibility to work weekend shifts, holidays, etc. on short notice to cover a 24 hour news cycle
- Ability to work well in a multi-tasking environment with frequent interruptions, while paying close attention to details
- College Degree in Journalism or related field or equivalent work experience
- Previous digital editing experience required
- Professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) required.