NBC5, the Hearst Television NBC affiliate in the Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY market, has an opening for a Part Time Production Assistant. We are looking for an energetic team player who understands the flexible schedule that the broadcast industry requires to join our production crew. This person will be responsible for operating cameras, teleprompter, audio-board, switchers and video equipment; as related to live broadcasts and post-production. Must have good technical skills, and good communication skills. Responsibilities include floor directing, camera/studio operator, assisting the news department, and other duties as assigned.
- Set up and operation of props, cameras, prompters, sets and other production equipment.
- Maintain professional appearance of studio/sets.
- Lighting and script preparation for newscasts.
- Video cueing during newscasts.
- Assist the directors as needed.
- Must have a good attitude, be willing to learn, and be a team player.
- Must be able to problem solve quickly and work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications preferred. Equivalent work experience also considered in lieu of degree. Current students encouraged to apply.
- Working knowledge of television newscast equipment and software required.
- Videography experience helpful.