Are you interested in joining one of the top Media companies in the world?
Do you want to learn from the best sales team in the country?
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual to join our market leading sales team.
WCVB, the ABC-affiliate in Boston, MA, has an opening for a Multi-Platform Account Executive. The AE will develop new and service existing local and multi-platform accounts, ensuring all financial goals of TV station are being exceeded, while developing and maintaining relationships with agencies and direct clients.
- Develop new business on all platforms, TV, Digital, Multicast.
- Prepare and implement individual advertiser account strategy including revenue goals.
- Regularly meet with Local and Digital Sales Managers to ensure progression and success with stated goals.
- Participate in group meetings.
- Ability to dissect an advertising RFP; identify key revenue opportunities, and prepare comprehensive and winning response.
- Act as negotiator for assigned accounts; ensure sales proposals are consistent with station strategies.
- Meet extensively with clients to develop/strengthen business relationships; drive client retention.
- Create and deliver sales presentations to multiple points of contact with client/agency personnel.
- Develop and generate non-traditional revenue; generate digital revenue.
- Maintain current and accurate revenue forecasts by account.
- Service orders including overview of correct schedule, traffic, and audience delivery.
- Keep the local sales manager informed of sales activities.
- Follow and meet all Account Executive standard operating procedures as outlined
- Ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Accountability within a goal-structured organization
- Needs a positive, results-oriented attitude and must be a team player
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products. Proficiency with Wide Orbit, Kantar and One Domain/WO Media Office a plus.
- Ability to use qualitative research effectively to further sales effort
- Strong formal and interpersonal communication skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing or equivalent related experience is required.
- Requires analytical and technical skills to analyze specific sales situations.
- Must demonstrate the effective recognition, oral and written communication skills to influence external contacts.
- Media Sales experience preferred, but not necessary.