KHBS/KHOG is looking for a Multimedia Journalist that has the ability to generate story ideas, write to video, and do compelling live shots. We are seeking a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. The Multimedia Journalist should be an accurate, ethical, compelling storyteller with a team attitude. The right candidate loves telling stories and delivering them LIVE to the viewers. This person will be based at our Fort Smith station and will produce content on-air, on-line, and for our mobile devices. We are looking for someone who can shoot and edit video and has a passion for journalism and bringing the viewer the “big story”.
- Gather information for stories and live reports for newscasts that could include mornings, nights and weekends. This is primarily an overnight shift.
- Put together high quality packages.
- Coverage of breaking news.
- Develop sources and generate story ideas.
- Shoot live shots and live interviews.
- Shoot and track news stories.
- Work with reporters on packages, special reports and documentaries.
- Works quickly and efficiently.
- Good personality. Must connect with viewers.
- Must enjoy being part of a team.
- Excellent writing and packaging skills.
- Must be able to provide samples of reporting and photography.
- Ability to develop contacts and generate stories.
- Ability to shoot and edit high quality video.
- Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production.
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field or equivalent work experience
- Prefer one year television news reporting, photography and editing
- Creative writer and packager