National Sales Assistant
NBC5 in the Plattsburgh, NY/Burlington, VT market is now interviewing candidates for a National Sales Assistant. This position is an administrative assistant position that supports our National Sales Manager in the execution of broadcast and digital campaigns generated from our national, Canadian and political advertisers. Applicant must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, a positive and professional demeanor, strong organizational, basic math and computer skills. This is a great opportunity in a successful, vibrant organization for someone who is able to maintain a high level of accuracy and thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment. This career opportunity is a great way to become an important part of a highly-respected TV station and provides a potential springboard for career advancement into an advertising sales position.
- Assist National Sales Manager in day-to-day duties
- Enter and maintain all national orders including electronic transfer and maintenance
- Provide account management assistance and problem solving with NSM and national sales reps across the country and in a timely fashion
- Assist in the development of sales proposals, advertising packages and client presentations
- Communicate with and provide support for the commercial traffic department regarding order entry, spot placement, copy assignment and formatting
- Fulfill customer service requests such as log times, weekly posting analysis, etc
- Research billing discrepancies and reconcile credit memos as required
- Share in assisting the Local sales team
- Maintain organized filing systems and accurate, detailed record-keeping including political public file
- Interact with co-workers, clients and public in a professional manner on the phone, in email, and in person
- Fill in as needed at the receptionist desk or with the Digital, Traffic and Research teams
- Develop a thorough understanding of Nielsen ratings, One Domain, Kantar and other research tools
- Prior administrative experience is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Proficiency with the full MS Office suite
- Accurate and expeditious data entry
- Comfort with basic math skills
- Professional, respectful, conscientious, enthusiastic demeanor
- Capable of learning new systems and software promptly and thoroughly.
- Must take pride in work, respond to instruction well, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and perform at a consistently high level
- Bachelors or related degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.