WESH 2 News has an opening for a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. We are seeking a photographer/editor with the ability to capture the essence of what’s happening in the field, and then bring it vividly into the homes of our viewers. This member of our team will be responsible for shooting and editing stories, may be called upon to do some interviews and must be willing and able to contribute content to our digital platform. The ability to operate a microwave truck, TVU backpack and deliver content via FTP are also necessary skills. Excellent editing skills, exceptional time-management abilities, effective communication style, organization, and knowledge of Adobe Premiere and Precis are critical. An excellent eye for video and the highest journalistic standards are a must. If you are quick acting, quicker thinking, and technically savvy, we want you working in our newsroom.
- Shooting and editing of vo, vo-sots and packages for broadcast.
- Working with the Assignment Desk and Reporters to cover daily stories.
- Gathers and edits video and still pictures for digital platforms
- Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
- Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound.
- Can work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video.
- Will produce and publish content to our online platforms
- Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
- Efficient Operation on ENG trucks
- Can work in all weather conditions
- Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver’s license and a near-perfect driving record
- Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
- Can organize and prioritize
- Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn’t wait to be told what to do
- Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions
- College degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field or equivalent work experience
- Must have computer and software experience.
- Previous newsroom editing experience preferred.