WMUR-TV has an immediate opening for a creative, highly motivated marketing pro with a passion for crafting the right message and getting results. Can you think big? Know your way around a camera? Can you make copy sing? Know how to produce an idea from concept to delivery? Do you have the drive to get that spot just right? We need a creative collaborator to join our team. This person will write, shoot, edit and design promotion for all media platforms. This position is responsible for producing station image promotion that advances our brand and gets noticed in a competitive market. This person will also write, produce and creatively execute daily news promos and assist with station marketing projects.
The ideal candidate must have excellent written communication skills, demonstrate strong marketing judgment and be able to produce compelling promotion in multiple mediums. Must be an analytical, strategic thinker as well as an imaginative, big idea dreamer. Come work for one of the country’s premier multimedia companies. Gain valuable experience in one of the biggest LPM markets in the country and live just an hour from the beach, from world-class shopping, professional sports in Boston, and great skiing and hiking in the New Hampshire mountains!
- Write and produce compelling, effective topical news, special report, and station image promotion under tight deadlines
- Work with artists, news producers, reporters, photographers, management and others to create timely and persuasive promotional materials across multiple platforms
- Use the station’s social media and digital platforms to drive awareness, viewing and audience engagement
- Other duties as assigned by the Creative Services Director
- Assist with station events
- Hands-on editing
- Contribute to brainstorms across all departments
- Must be able to work quickly, under tight deadlines and produce quality results at a level congruent with one of the largest television markets in the country
- Must understand and be able to analyze, identify and articulate the most marketable elements to a story, program, platform or product
- Must understand the nuances, advantages and disadvantages unique to each media platform
- Qualified candidates will also have a technical understanding of 4K and High Definition production
- Must have full-time availability, including late and occasional early and weekend hours during major station projects or breaking news events
- Takes a proactive approach to problem solving, and freely contributes to the creative process. Both gives and takes direction and constructive feedback well
- Knowledge of production process including non-linear editing, videography and lighting
- Four year college degree with focus on Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations or similar preferred.
- At least 1 year experience writing copy and producing video and other promotional collateral in a broadcast, mass media or agency environment required. Television Writer/Producer experience preferred.
- Must be a proficient non-linear editor. Adobe Premiere preferred.
- Experience with other compositing and production software, especially Adobe After Effects a major plus.
- Experience with cameras, lighting and related equipment a plus.