WMUR has an opening for a self-motivated videographer. The ideal candidate will be aggressive, organized and creative. Must be willing to work as a team with reporters, producers, news management and live truck operators. This videographer should have the skills to capture a story and edit it in an interesting and creative way. This person will also coordinate video elements for multiple shows and coordinate feeds. This member of our team will shoot daily stories and could spend several hours a day editing for newscasts. He/she will also shoot live shots and contribute elements to our digital platforms. We are looking for a tech savvy candidate who is current on the most modern aspects of our medium. Excellent editing skills, exceptional time-management abilities, effective communication style, organization, and knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Precis, ABC and CNN platforms are critical. An excellent eye for video and the highest journalistic standards are a must.
- Shooting and editing of vos, vo-sots and packages for broadcast and digital platforms.
- Work with the assignment desk, reporters and producers to cover daily stories.
- Gather and edit video and still pictures for digital platforms.
- Work with reporters, producers and news management to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
- Work with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with video and natural sound.
- Communicate and coordinate incoming video elements from crews in the field.
- Work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video.
- Produce and publish content to our online platforms.
- Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
- Can work in all weather conditions
- Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver’s license and a near-perfect driving record
- Must be able to work any shift including nights, weekends and holidays
- Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
- Can organize and prioritize
- Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn’t wait to be told what to do
- Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions
- College degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field or equivalent work experience
- Must have computer and software experience.
- Previous newsroom editing experience preferred.