NBC 5, the Hearst Television station in the Burlington/Plattsburgh market, has an opening for a full-time Maintenance Technician. The person in this role maintains the station’s equipment and systems from acquisition to distribution. This position supports all station efforts in-house and on remote locations.
This employee will help maintain:
- transmitter sites, microwave central receive sites, satellite antenna systems, signal distribution and routing systems, processing systems, monitoring devices, and automation systems.
- production equipment including camera systems, production switcher, play out servers, graphics devices, lighting systems, weather graphics and weather systems, audio consoles, microphones, and IFBs and tracks inventory.
- news-gathering equipment including ENG cameras, field gear, ENG, DSNG, and SNG trucks, editing systems, and support devices.
- support equipment including master and sub switchers, monitors, videotape machines, microphones, and intercoms; and
- Conducts troubleshooting, equipment installation, research, documentation, and cabling tasks.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with the ability to repair equipment down to the circuit level.
- Basic knowledge of computers, computer systems, and networking.
- Able to lift, carry, and move up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, work on rooftops and in confined spaces.
- Flexible to occasionally work various days and non-standard shifts as assigned.
- Able to be on call at times, on a shared rotational schedule.
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively with other team members.
- Capable of following instructions, verbal and written.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Good vision (with or without corrective lenses) with ability to read and distinguish colors.
- Valid driver’s license; position requires travel to remote transmitter and microwave sites within our region.